Smelly drain - not sewer

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Smelly drain - not sewer

Post by grangerwhitson on Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:41 pm

I have an exterior floor drain at the bottom of the steps that lead to my basement. This drain has started to smell. It's not sewer, but pretty close. It's under concrete and runs under the basement slab. I had a plumber come in and take a look. He could only get about 5 feet in with a snake. Said it's full of mud. He says it looks like it takes a left turn and just drains into the stones. It's not connected to the sewer line. I've taken a hose and shoved it down there and ran it for about 15 minutes. It doesn't back up. Not sure if there's a trap in there or not. I need this drain for the rain but the smell is so bad you can't sit on the patio. I've dumped about 5 gallons of Simple Green Fungicidal solution down there with no improvement. I'm looking at just buying this SureSeal thing if I can't get rid of this smell. I've lived in this house for 7 years and this just started. I'm out of ideas. Thanks

grangerwhitson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Smelly drain - not sewer

Post by barismanco on Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:17 pm

If the blocked area falls within your property boundaries it is your responsibility to rectify the issue.In the majority of cases, this means calling in professionals to carry out CCTV inspections and high powered water jetting, as the task goes beyond simple DIY.

If the blockage has occurred in a public sewer outside the boundaries of anyone’s property, the local authority for dealing with these matters should be contacted. In most cases, this will be the water board that serves the area

Blocked Drains Coventry Bedworth Nuneaton

barismanco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top